150 years  - Austria / II. Republic of Austria 1967 - 3.50 Shilling

Designer: Stefferl, Otto

150 years - Austria / II. Republic of Austria 1967 - 3.50 Shilling


Theme: Art & Culture
CountryAustria / II. Republic of Austria
Issue Date1967
Face Value 3.50 
Colorblack violet
Printing Typecombination printing
Stamp TypeCommemorative
Item TypeStamp
Chronological Issue Number596
Chronological ChapterOOS-OE2
Michel IDOOS 1253
SID32211
In 67 Wishlists
Add to Wishlist Add to Collection Comes In Buy

The Academy of Music and Performing Arts in Vienna celebrated its 150th anniversary in autumn 1967. Beyond all history and fortunes, as a conservatory, academy and university, it was a place of learning and learning for all those people from home and abroad who made Austria a famous land of music and theater. Exactly one and a half centuries ago began on October 1, teaching at the newly founded conservatory. In 1925, the now nationalized Conservatory was transformed into a College of Music and Performing Arts, which forms the superstructure of the Academy. Two years after the end of the war, the institution received its present name. From 1957, the influx of students from home and abroad grew rapidly, so that in some years, mainly due to lack of space up to 90 percent of the applicants have to be rejected. In 1967 the academy received a second main building. The brand image shows in the foreground a violin, symbol of music. From the middle ground of the brand image looks a theatrical mask, a symbol of the area of ​​the performing arts, and in the background a part of the second main building of the academy in the Seilerstätte can be seen in delicate lines.

Stores
Store Location
Min Quantity
ConditionNameIn StockPricePrice +
Shipping
Store
Used150 years - Austria / II. Republic of Austria 1967 - 3.50 Shilling1US $0.075US $7.53Italy willcolector (0)
Shipping   US $7.46
Used150 years - Austria / II. Republic of Austria 1967 - 3.50 Shilling1US $0.128US $7.59Italy willcolector (0)
The Academy of Music and Performing Arts in Vienna celebrated its 150th anniversary in autumn 1967. Beyond all history and fortunes, as a conservatory, academy and university, it was a place of learning and learning for all those people from home and abroad who made Austria a famous land of music and theater. Exactly one and a half centuries ago began on October 1, teaching at the newly founded conservatory. In 1925, the now nationalized Conservatory was transformed into a College of Music and Performing Arts, which forms the superstructure of the Academy. Two years after the end of the war, the institution received its present name. From 1957, the influx of students from home and abroad grew rapidly, so that in some years, mainly due to lack of space up to 90 percent of the applicants have to be rejected. In 1967 the academy received a second main building. The brand image shows in the foreground a violin, symbol of music. From the middle ground of the brand image looks a theatrical mask, a symbol of the area of ​​the performing arts, and in the background a part of the second main building of the academy in the Seilerstätte can be seen in delicate lines..